The packages in the download table contain:
- MTL-4 comprehends all headers of MTL4. This enables you already to write MTL4 applications.
- MTL-4 examples contains example programs and the entire manual (including tutorial). The documentation generated with doxygen made this package that large.
- MTL-4 test enables you to run over 200 tests on your platform. Alternatively you can check here whether there are problems with the latest version.
- MTL-4 all comprises the content of the three previous packages.
In addition to the packages/archives, we recommend you downloading the debugger support.
Windows users can:
- Download the zip archive (or gz, bz2) and unpack it. The open source edition does not contain precompiled software and the sources are standard compliant. As a consequence, it can be used with Visual Studio as well (as our tests show). The only minor issue is that the archives contain the directory structure of Linux. Eventually some users might prefer moving certain directories to other locations.
- Alternatively, one can use the version control system "subversion" to check out the latest revision of MTL4, see here.
- Under Windows, Tortoise is the most convenient software for using subversion.
- If the anonymous checkout or update does not work (due to issues between the svn versions on client and server side), you can use the account name guest with the password guest.
- In the near future, we will provide a pure Windows installer for the convenience of our Windows users.
This table is updated every Thursday.
Alternatively to downloads, you can install the rpm and deb packages directly from our server, see here.